Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mediocrity

Mediocrity.

1. averageness: a quality that is adequate or acceptable, but not very good His
poetry seldom rises above the level of mediocrity.
2. mediocre person: somebody who lacks any special skill or flair.

Sometimes life feels like it's lived at this level. I've realized that there is an ongoing search for unconditional love. Usually in life if you fail people get over it once you succeed again and get back on your feet. It's easy for someone to forgive you so long as you improve again. But what if you just suck at life. What if all you ever do is fail? Will anyone accept you? I have come to think not.

Even Jesus says in John that 'he who has my commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves me' Even that is conditional. I think I'm just looking for a love that puts up with mediocrity.

1 comment:

dfast said...

Andrew, even if you're not implying it through this post, I don't think you're mediocre. I also think you shouldn't judge yourself, or anyone else for that matter, but you've probably been told that before. Something I've tried to practice is not judging people, and accepting them and loving them for who they are, not rating them on a scale from crap to awesome.
besides, you're funny, intelligent, and kind.