Sunday, June 8, 2008

Helpless

"There is a town in north Ontario,
With dream comfort memory to spare,
And in my mindI still need a place to go,
All my changes were there.

Blue, blue windows behind the stars,
Yellow moon on the rise,
Big birds flying across the sky,
Throwing shadows on our eyes.
Leave us

Helpless, helpless, helpless
Baby can you hear me now?
The chains are locked
and tied across the door,
Baby, sing with me somehow"
by Neil Young

This song is on a dvd called the Last Waltz and he plays it with the band called "The Band". It's amazing. I also remember watching this dvd back in the day with a girl while we did stuff... good times. I like the song though. Helpless is the word that comes to mind when I think northern Ontario.

2 comments:

dfast said...

is his band the same "the band" as the guys that did "Up On Cripple Creek"? i love that song.

A said...

ya it is