Monday, June 15, 2009

The Counsel Of The Wise

I recently finished some counseling which was very helpful, though my problem isn't solved, I'd learned all I could from my counselor. I've been amazed at how many ways it helped me, though my problem still remains, and I began to think, 'imagine what life would be like if I always had a mentor person around'. I bet I'd be a new man within a year.





I was watching "The Empire Strikes Back" today and thought about how Luke had Yoda, and Obi Wan had Qui Gon, etc, and realized I was an apprentice without a master.



It's amazing how different the priorities of the world are. If I could rebuild it, we would have masters and apprentices, knights and padawans. So many mistakes that could be avoided if we only had accountability, an extra person thinking.

I read in Ecclesiastes the other day this line that has been stuck in my head in the whole "two are better than one" passage. King Solomon says "Woe to the one who falls and has no one to help him up".

4 comments:

mattldn said...

For our Eucharistic sermons (yes I am a bad baptist haha) he has being going through Eccl. so that was ringing in my head also!

mattldn said...

I'll be a really bad baptist, but not evil... ill do the Greek Hail Mary

Mother of God and Virgin, rejoice, Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast given birth to the Saviour of our souls.

A said...

is that even a prayer? it's not asking anything of Mary. It's more of a statement, those crazy greeks!

I think Ecclesiastes might be my favourite book of the bible.

mattldn said...

Yes, I quite enjoy that book as well. I actually quite prefer the statement, I feel no shame in saying that, to the Blessed Mary. Ha!

I am unique Baptist, and I am happy with that!