Saturday, February 25, 2012

Since you've been gone...

Howdy internets.

So much crazy stuff has happened in the last 2 years.

Religion (always first with me):
After being confirmed a Roman Catholic on April 11, 2009, I reverted to Protestantism (of sorts) and on December 18, 2011, I was confirmed a Lutheran (Confessional/High Church). I've been that for several months now, and it's cool I guess. I still live a spiritually catholic life, I go to confession with my Pastor, and the highlight of my week is Holy Communion (which I can actually receive now that I don't have to be shriven sacramentally beforehand).

Philosophy:
I've had a violent reaction to Aristotelian-Thomism, going to the sort of opposite extreme of Kierkegaardian Existentialism, and trying to find a balance in Kantianism.

Family:
Like me more now that I'm not a Papist.

Friends:
RC friends don't talk to me anymore.
New Lutheran friends are WASP snobs. I miss my working-class RC brethren sometimes.

School:
half way done my MA in History

Life:
living during the week in a new town an hour from home.

Love:
still flirting with ex-gfs, who are still crazy (except Hannah).

Regrets:
I wish I applied for theology not history.
I wish my Catholic friends were still talking cordially to me.
I wish I had done more work on my reading break this week :P

Recreation:
Watching Top Gear a lot. Not playing WoW, but nostalgic.

No comments: