Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Dream I Just Had

So normally my dreams are too weird to record, but this one I felt had too many characters I knew and seemed fairly easy to understand, so I quickly wrote it down (I just woke up), and thought I'd post it. Here are my summary notes:

My best friend Dan and I, go on a double date with 2 girls (apparently they went to Eden - our high school - a few years after us). We arrive and my girl kisses Dan...even after they tell her it's not me, and then shakes my hand awkwardly. Her dad (who looked exactly like my ex-girlfriend Sarah's dad) tells us that we should try and act funny ease the situation and tells me to do something funny with a bowl of snack mix he hands me. I throw the bowl into the air, no one is impressed, and I have to crawl around picking up every piece. Neither of the girls seem at all interested, so Dan and I start watching movies (we watched Goldfinger for some reason) and I fall asleep.



I wake up, go upstairs, and find the girl I was supposed to be dating doing homework and looking bored and mildly angry. I feel like a total faillure and we leave. Dan tells me that I was making gross/weird sounds in my sleep while we watched Goldfinger. I tell Dan that Goldfinger is 'that kind of a movie after all' (I have no idea what I meant there). A guy I work with picks us up in a some Asian drag racing car. He drops me off at Eden (where I went to high school), and it's day again now, I cry on the sidewalk and everyone walks past me like the guy in the parable of the Good Samaritain...except no Good Samaritains show up.

hah. what a weird dream. Oh well, it turned out alright for Dan, that's something.

4 comments:

Danny said...

haha! best dream ever. and my first kiss! aww. here's a dream i had last night, but sadly you weren't in it:
http://dfast.tumblr.com/post/244863020/if-this-isnt-a-sign-i-dont-know-what-is

challengerta said...

Atleast your recent dreams make sense man.

I was on a Reality TV show where I was in some team-gauntlet challenge. Gave me grenade launchers, that fired bananas and grated cheese. I don't remember who was on my team, but one guy shot me in the back. Pissed me off....

A said...

haha, Kish that's funny.

A said...

Dan that dream about your kindergarten teacher was so dramatic, I felt as if I was actually there.