Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dreams

There's a line in a movie I love that's "let them rest, for in dreams we enter a world entirely our own, let them climb the highest mountain and swim in the deepest ocean" (HP:POA). An apologist once said to me the in the post-modern era man is not content to survive in or conquer the world, but wishes to create a world of his own. I think dreams are a perfect anti-thesis to that statement. From the beginning men have dwelt in the world of their own dreams, and I'm assuming some people have more meaningful dreams than I do (they usually either don't make sense, or terrible things happen in them). I love the story of Joseph and how he interprets dreams to see God's will. In our modern world it would be like reading Tarot cards for Jesus. Absolutely ridiculous and offensive to the standards of today.

Sharks sleep one half of their brain at a time and so they never stop going . .. . I wish I could rest both of my brains, but it's interesting that when we sleep we are sub-conscious, we are actually not there. Though I've insulted people in my sleep and responded to the question "Andrew are you asleep?" with "Yes and I'm arguing with you in a sub-conscious state!(sarcasm)" Am I morally culpable for that? I hope not, but people still blamed me. It's like when I made anti-semetic remarks in my sleep and Lance slept outside our room... craziness. Maybe everyone else is dreaming of wondrous fantasy lands while my dreams are anti-semetic, insane, and horrifying visions. It reminds me of Hamlets Act 3 soliloquay "To die, to sleep, aye theres the rub, for in that sleep, what dreams may come?" (I did that from memory at 2am - hurray). I have the terrible Hamlet dreams.

Maybe thats because I have awesome day dreams. Today I had a great one that was set in Australia...but thats another story. Pleasanter dreams than my normal fare I wish you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9AE8QQfx_E

No comments: