Friday, February 6, 2009

Things I really want to do today but won't be able to

I've been wanting to update this blog more frequently but I don't ever seem to have anything insightful or funny to say, so i'd try this. In History we have to examine lists of all the crap people owned and then tell about their life. So if historians of the '2008-(whenever it ends) Depression' they might use this for kids to be forced to read. Plus I just feel better about myself if I blog, because then if I die today at least I know that my thoughts were out there to annoy everyone.

Read or Watch Distopian themed things:
1. Finish reading Orwell's 1984 - everyone keeps reminding me about this classic that I got for my birthday which I really need to read, but am only on like pg 35 or something. The guy is fixing a sink.
2. Start reading Huxley's 'A Brave New World' - my mom gave me a copy of it last week - she had to read in college and was cleaning up and thought I'd like it.
3. Re-watch Logan's Run - I haven't watched that movie in a long time.

Exercise and Meditate (in the Christian and/or Hindu sense not the Neo-spiritual New age way)
1. so I really love the forest, if I was a pagan I'd probably worship the god or goddess of the forest, but fortunately my ancestors killed all of those people so I don't have to do that. But I'd like to go on a walk in the woods and just think about life, and realize that it's so much bigger than me, and that I am a tiny speck in the Universe, and yet am the recipient of divine Caritas(latin word for love/charity - a merging of Agape and Eros)
2. Read some Carl Jung. He's a swiss psychologist who was not a Christian but more of a Hindu living in a Christian world (a bit like Ghandi?) and I was just reading a summary of his ideas the other day and about how we might all be like islands thinking we are all unconnected but really under the surface we are. some atman-y word or something from Hinduism (my favourite wrong religion). I'd also like to read his commentaries on Christ's life or Revelation, or read about how he talks about the power of symbols. I've become a firm believer that symbols are VERY important and that they give people meaning (the cross or the trinity for me).
3. Go for a run and instantly feel like I'm being proactive in delaying my inevitable death.

Friends or Family
1. More than anything on this list, I would love to hang out with my brothers today, I miss them alot, and I think if I found out that this afternoon I would be chilling with Jer in Smithers, BC, or that the three of us were gonna play Goldeneye, I think if I knew that, my life would be radically happier.
2. I always enjoy a friday night with Dan, Kish, Steve, Roberts, Rowan, James, or others and just kick back and watch some crap movie and drink some vodka. That'd be entertaining as well.

1 comment:

dfast said...

in regards to paragraph 3.2: there's always my birthday coming up in 2 weeks. we could do something then. i feel like drinking.

and in regards to paragraph 1: all very good dystopian stories! which brings me to this: you should read the watchmen as well! so good and kind of like the other stories! enough exclamation marks!