Friday, February 6, 2009

Guernica: Picasso and the Spanish Civil War


So I watched something on the history channel a while back about famous bombings where many civilians were killed, and alot of it horrified me. There was one bombing in the Spanish civil war that was terrible. Thousands were killed and even in the rubble they were bombed. I just found out Pablo Picasso painted a work called "Guernica" (which I think was the city's name) about this event and I think it's interesting how for the first time in my life, I've actually understood a painting from the modern period. I think it's a landmark event, and that I only understood it because of that history channel program that was about it which I saw first. I'm an auditory learner.

1 comment:

dfast said...

WHOA, that is so weird. i just did a write-up on Guernica a few weeks ago. we must be on the same wavelength or something